- 300 ml white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium hot chilli, washed, halved lengthways
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and squashed, using the back of a knife.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
Place all the ingredients in the glass bottle or jar, put the lid on and shake well. Leave in a cool place for at least a week. Shake well again before using. The taste will get sharper the longer the ingredients are left to marinate.
The sauce will keep in an airtight bottle or jar in a cool, dark place for a couple of months.