Our client is a leading global provider of specialised solutions that enhance everyday life through minerals. We provide value-added solutions to many different industries including construction, steel manufacturing, food, automotive and cosmetics. From process manufacturing to consumer products, our value-added solutions are formulated to meet our customer’s technical requirements.
Our success is built on our people, creating an environment where our 16,300 employees around the globe can thrive. We believe our teams are at their best when they learn to work together and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
As part of the succession process, we are now looking for a Laboratory Manager for Quality Control.
- You will be responsible for quality control for the Brida production site and ensure that quality control standards are maintained and developed.
- Your responsibility for quality assurance includes the areas of raw material input and product output. In your role, up to 8 employees will report to you.
Your key tasks:
- Define, implement, and develop internal and external quality requirements to ensure our products meet customer expectations.
- Quality assurance of incoming raw materials including the definition of raw material specifications for our suppliers.
- Quality assurance of end products from production including decisions on blocking or special releases with associated documentation.
- Handling of customer complaints in close cooperation with the field service and with the support of the Science & Technology Team.
- Continuous analysis and optimisation of existing processes and KPIs in quality control including documentation of processes within the framework of quality management (ISO 9001) as well as reporting of KPIs to management.
- Motivation and further development of your team.
- Degree in engineering (materials science, ceramics or chemistry) or similar.
- Several years of professional experience in the responsibility for quality control systems for raw materials and end products.
- Practical experience of raw materials used in the refractory industry.
- Leadership experience not only operationally but also strategically in the further development of employees.
- Analytical and communication skills are essential for the role.
- Due to international networking, a good command of written and spoken English is required.
We offer you an independent task in a growth-oriented, economically sound corporate environment. This position offers you long-term development and training opportunities in a successful international group of companies.